Dermalogica, know your skin.
Dermalogica products have only one goal, which is to improve the skin. But to do this properly, the user must know what his or her skin type is. 'Know your skin' is the motto of Jane Wurwand, the founder of the Dermalogica brand. Born in Scotland and raised in England, Jane was engaged in skin and hair care from an early age. The course of her career is remarkable and shows something of the passion that Jane has for her field. She started as a sidekick in a hair salon, followed an extensive study for a beautician in England, and then went to work at Redken. This American company sells professional products for the care of the hair and scalp. Jane had to travel a lot for her work and regularly stayed for a long time in America, where she met Raymond Wurwand. It was love at first sight, and together they decided to live in the city of Los Angeles.
The International Dermal Institute
Once in Los Angeles, Jane Wurwand noticed that many of her colleagues had an only limited education. She was bothered by the lack of knowledge and the availability of the right products to improve the skin with problems. Therefore, together with Raymond, she founded the International Dermal Institute to teach beauticians. Besides, at the request of her students, she started developing skin-improving products. The result was a complete product line, free of irritants, and suitable for people with a skin disease.
Dermalogica, established in 1986
Only well-trained beauticians and skin therapists are allowed to work with Dermalogica products. An essential requirement is consistently applied worldwide. Dermalogica is used and sold in over 80 countries by specialists who can adequately assess and properly treat the skin. The Dermalogica range is especially suitable for skin with problems. The different product lines of Dermalogica are provided with ingredients that actively combat the existing problem while at the same time, leaving the skin feeling comfortable and protecting against negative influences. Dermalogica products are not tested on animals and are free from microplastics and artificial colors and fragrances. Environmentally friendly and FSC certified paper and cardboard are used for shipping. Almost all products that Dermalogica has in its range (except three) are suitable for a vegan lifestyle. People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals has officially recognized Dermalogica as an animal testing free organization.
The different Dermalogica product lines
- Dermalogica, Clear Start ™, especially for young blemished skin. Reduces blackheads, cleans pores, and regulates sebum production.
- Dermalogica, Active Clearing, adults can also suffer from acne-prone blemished skin. This product line not only ensures effective cleaning but also contains ingredients against skin aging.
- Dermalogica, AGE smart ™, products of this line (recognizable by the cyclamen stripe on the packaging) contain active ingredients that prevent signs of skin aging.
- Dermalogica, UltraCalming ™, creams, and lotions packed with soothing and soothing ingredients. Especially for skin that quickly turns red. Restores the skin barrier.
- Dermalogica, PowerBright TRx ™, combats hyperpigmentation and promotes glowing, even skin.
- Dermalogica, UV protection, Virtually every product line is provided with an additional moisturizing moisturizer with SPF that protects against UVA and UVB radiation.
- Dermalogica, Body Therapy, four mild products enriched with aromatic oils for the ultimate relaxation. Meet the body wash, body scrub, body oil, and body cream.
watch this video on youtube
The cosmetics house
Dermalogica and other great brands like Image Skincare, hannah, Cenzaa, Neoderma and SkinCeuticals help us treat and improve problem skin with the right products. If you suffer from acne, dry, irritated skin, hyperpigmentation, or something else, please take the time to fill out our 'Tailor-made skin advice' form. Describe the problems as well as possible and attach a photo if necessary. In general, we can assess the skin and advise the right products based on the information sent. If we are not entirely sure, we will contact you by telephone or e-mail for more information, or we will refer you to a qualified beautician or skin therapist.