Skin Hydrate is a formula that aims to improve dehydrated skin in a short time.
The skin consists of layers that each have their own function. The outer layer (horn layer) must protect the body against the ingress of undesirable substances and the slowing of moisture loss from the underlying layers. The horny layer forms a moisture barrier function to prevent moisture loss. When the horny layer is not in normal condition, the skin can lose moisture and feel dry. Our body consists of 55 to 60% water. Water supports all kinds of normal physical and cognitive functions and helps regulate body temperature. Adding water to a specific substance is called hydration.
As we get older, the amount of water binding substances (proteoglycans) in the skin can change, making the skin thinner and drier. The horny layer consists of dead skin cells. In addition, fats are secreted by the horn cells, filling the spaces between them. It concerns ceramides, cholesterol and free fatty acids. In the skin, the so-called proteoglycans are responsible for the binding of moisture. The inner nucleus of proteoglycans consists of hyaluronic acid.
- Binds moisture in the dermis for more volume
- Less crackle effect on the décolleté in particular
- Quick rejuvenating effect, with sufficient water intake
- Inhibits wrinkle formation
- Result in a fresh, youthful appearance
- 1-3 tablets daily with a meal
- Optimal in combination with EpidermOil